All right..all right I need to apologize to all you out there for me being such a blog slacker! But, if I could sum up the last 6 weeks or so in one word, it would have to be whirlwind! I have been so busy "nesting" I guess some people call it, trying to get things ready before our little guy arrives but also juggling a million things in between! I'm not due till Dec. 4th, but I am carrying a lot of extra fluid which is causing me to measure one month larger than I should be, which pretty much means I am walking around 9 months prego, and also means there's a huge chance this little guy will be coming a little earlier than expected! So I have felt the sudden need to get my big prego rear in gear and start getting things ready! So, here's a few things that have been occupying my time in between! I'm embarrassed to say, my food storage supply is pretty slim, so I decided with all the yummy fruit in season that I could get a good jump start! So my friend ChristiB. stayed up with me one night and showed me the do's and dont's of canning! We managed to can a full box of pears, if you notice the time on the clock in the pics that it was almost midnight by the time she left, and I hadn't even started my peaches! So, after one long night I now have a pantry full of freshly bottled peaches and pears! I also have a freezer full of yummy peach freezer jam that my sweet hubby and I stayed up and bottled last week! You guys know you love the apron!
Look at my poor baby! On Sunday night my little Peyton broke her left arm, she claims she just flipped off the trampoline! For anyone who knows this girl, knows that she's pretty crazy and this is sadly probably just a first of many for her! When my dad came carrying her in from the backyard right after it happened, the first thing she said in between sobs to my mom was that it was her fault cause she shouldn't of had a trampoline! Oh we love our sweet Peyton! Needless to say, Trav and I spent the rest of the evening at the Banner Gateway hospital ER..There was a waiting room full of people but somehow a cute crying little girl made her way right to the back without having to wait! What a blessing that was! Peyton melted the heart of all the staff and had them all waiting on her hand and knee! They all commented on how tough she is, she didn't even shed a tear when they put in her I.V.!
One of the male nurses was so impressed he went and got her a cute stuffed lion! We told them not to make this whole experience too fun for her or she might want to come back! Yesterday we saw a pediatric bone specialist, he had to set her bone back into place.. which pretty much meant pain! Once again though our little Sue amazed us with how tough she could be, she was more than pleased with the cute pink cast she ended up with! I'm just so grateful that it wasn't a worse break, and she will only have her cast for 6 weeks! We already caught Peyton in the garage yesterday attempting to ride her 2 wheeler bike! Needless to say, it hasn't slowed her down all that much! Thanks so much to all those people who have dropped off fun treats for her and who have called or text just checking in on her!
Here's me and my sisters and my mom hanging out at Polly's bridal shower the other night! We had so much fun seeing everybody and eating way too many yummy treats! We are so excited for her and her upcoming wedding!
Taters had school pictures today! I have to admit she looked pretty dang cute! Since I made her get her picture taken she wanted to take mine...As you can see my belly has grown quite a bit since my last bellylicious picture! This is the cute little guy brewing inside me! With all the extra fluid going on I've had to get quite a few ultrasounds, which some of them had to be 3D.. I've never had the desire to get one of those done, but since I didn't have a choice in the matter, I have to admit it was seriously one of the coolest things ever! I'm already down to my last 8 weeks, but with the upcoming of 2 weddings in the family, Halloween, and Thanksgiving right around the corner.. not to mention the constant threat that this guy is probably going to make his appearance early, I hope I will be able to squeeze everything in and that I will be ready!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
WHIRLWIND!
Posted by
SunGood
at
2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





15 comments:
Yum! Those peaches look so good! I almost gave up on checking your blog because you haven't posted in so long. And yes, I love the apron! If you had fluffier hair you would fit right in in Colorado City! Oh yeah, I keep meaning to ask if you are going to have a baby shower. Let me know! Also, I think this is our last week of softball (until next season!), so we need to get together soon!
oh, i so loved your post and have so much to comment on. where to even begin? you do it all...even 9 going on 10 and 11 months pregnant ha! That ultrasound pic is freaky!! I love it! Kelsi's pic day is tuesday...come and do her hair! ha! Tell peyton she is one tough cookie!
Man, talk about busy, busy. That's the best way to be when you're pregnant because before you know it, your little guy will be here. Poor Peyton! Broken bones are no fun...Ashlee broke her leg when she was 3. Take care and relax just a bit or that baby may come too early!
Well, well, well...You are just so dang cute!! "9 months" preggo-- you are still just as tiny as ever...I get huge EVERYWHERE! Way to go on the canning...now you can teach me!!
What a great update!! Good thing I see you every Wednesday so I can catch up with you ;) You and the girls look great as always. I hope I get some energy like you so my pregnancy can go by faster!!! Thanks again for watching my kids even with your busy busy life! They sure love you!
Sunni, I am very impressed with the whole canning thing, well done. Sorry to hear about Peyton, no fun. I do love the apron. I wear mine all the time. Take it easy!
you look so cute! please tell Polly i said congrats. i am going to try and make it to the reception but I think I have a wedding that night so i may not be able to go. Also- I am very impressed with your canning skills. I know I need to do it and i keep putting it off!!
You look so great. I'm beyond excited for you. I can tell in that picture that he is adorable. I tried to call you the other day, but you are NEVER home. I'm having that party tonight. You should stop by. If not, come to the picnic at the park tomorrow night. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever.
way to go canning!! That is quite the undertaking especially so prego. You look so good! and it was fun talking to you the other day! Tell Peyton she is so brave! And take some time to rest so you don't have him too early! Oh and it's kristina, I'm signed into marks account.
Sunni I'm so glad you updated! You look gorgeous, and your little man looks so cute already. You are as busy as I am, goodness. Hope everything goes well these next 8 weeks and that you little guy stays in as long as possible. I thought of you when I ran a race last weekend! Will you be up for London's run again in january?
Don't you love nesting? It is just such productive time! Mmmm, those peaches look yum-o! Oh Peyton, what a trooper! I feel her pain...I broke both wrists (one in 1st and the other in 8th grade). No fun! Awesome ultrasound picture! Isn't it so fun to get an idea of what he'll look like? I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well and that he stays in there long enough to be healthy when he is born. I know how uncomfortable it is to be carrying around so much weight though! Hang in there!
Your peaches looked like they turned out good. You will have to show me what you did for peach season next year. I hope I wont be sick of them by then. I hope Peyton's arm is still doing good. Her pink cast is cute. I think every little girl needs a pink cast at least once in there life:)
Wow! Your life has been crazy! I can't wait til your cute little baby is here!
Those ultrasound pics are the coolest things ever. The baby is super cute!
Aren't those 3-d pictures the neatest?! What a darling baby boy.
Post a Comment