Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gunner Gene Goodman

Services for Gunner
Viewing Thurs. Feb 19th
6-8 PM at LDS church bldg. 2700 E. Guadalupe in Gilbert 85234
Memorial Fri. Feb 20th
10:00 AM at the same location. There will be a short viewing before


I'm nowhere near the place where I can express my thoughts and feelings, I just wanted to share my sweet handsome boy with you...

53 comments:

TJ and Jen Sherwood said...

We are sooo sorry for your family. We heard about it a few days ago and just couldn't believe it. Our love and prayers are with you and your family.

mom of 4 said...

Thanks for sharing him with our family,what a sweet little guy. we love you guys. My boys say hi to Tatum and Peyton.

Maren said...

Sunni,
He is a sweet sweet little guy. Very handsome. I am so sorry your family has to go thru this. We are constantly thinking about you guys and praying for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures, they are precious! we will see you tomorrow and friday.

McMemories said...

Sunni,
We are so so sorry. Gunner is so handsome, thank you for sharing his pictures and sweet smile with us. Your family will be in our prayers, and hope you can feel our arms around you, we love you!!

lundgrenville said...

Sunni & Trav-

We are so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy he is...Must be choice and elect.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you! The Lord loves all of you!
Hugs-

Becky said...

Sunni and Family,
You have been in our thoughts and prayers. I hope you can feel the Saviors love for you and your sweet family. I am so thankful for the Gospel and for the peace that it brings, and the knowledge that you WILL be together again.
Sending you a big HUG.

Becky

Kim & Max Willis family said...

we are devastated..... We want you to know that we love you guys.
love,
willis family

The Allens said...

Sunni-
Your family is beautiful! My heart just breaks every time I think of what your family must be going thru! Gunner is such a little cutie. What a blessing it must of been to have him with you if only for a short while! You and Trav will make it thru this together and will come out stronger than you can imagine. Find joy in your little girls and the blessings you have of the gospel and being an eternal family. I love you girl! Your in our thoughts and prayers!
Rachel and Chris

Rees Family said...

Oh man, Sunni. You have been on my mind all week. I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now. Just know that you have so many people praying for you and supporting you. Anything you need, we are here for you. Gunner is absolutely adorable. I'm sad I never got to meet him.
Craig and I just love your family. Kiss those sweet girls for me. I miss not seeing them in Primary and at the basketball games. Call me if you need ANYTHING!!!!!

Brandis said...

So glad you posted the pictures of your perfect little boy. Love you guys so much and we'll see you tomorrow.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Sweet dear Sunni...I am blessed to know you. Your strength is uncomprehending. And what a chosen spirit you are on this earth to be given this trial. I just got back from taking cookies to Shelley and Stephany who are making the most darling little sign in book for sweet Gunner. I can hardly wait for you to see it. Love you girl. I'm praying for you at this time.

Amy said...

Sunni-
I am so sorry for your loss. Our thought and prayers are with you and your family.

CASSIE said...

Thank you for sharing those beautiful and priceless pictures. We are soo sorry for your loss and you and your family will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Please, please, please let me know if I can help out in ANY way. We love you!

Heidi Ann said...

Oh Sunni, my heart aches for you and your sweet family. You and Travis must be amazing to be given this special baby. He IS darling and he will be so near these next few weeks. We are hear for you when you need to scream, we honestly know how it feels. Thinking of you and praying for you!

The Porter Post said...

So glad I was able to visit with you for a few minutes tonight. Thanks for sharing those sweet pictures of Gunner. He is so lucky to have such an amazing family for eternity. I love you, and know that I'm here for you anytime.

The Ridgway Family said...

Sunni,
This is Keisa from the gym. I want you to know how very sorry I am for your loss. I know exactly how you are feeling and I know it is crappy. Please know that I am praying for you that the Lord's spirit will be closer to you right now than every before. I know that Gunner will be very close to you these next days and his spirit will always be close when you need it. I am here for you whenever you need to talk, cry or just want someone who understands. It is so crappy and I am sorry that you have to feel this pain.

Our love and prayers are with you,
Keisa, Ainsley, Emerson and Marcus Ridgway

AshandNate said...

Sunni and Travis, I have no idea what you must be going through. Your little boy is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sure you have an immense amount of love and support but if you need anything, I'm just a phone call away.
Ashlie

Lynsey said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet little boy, he is absolutely perfect. Im am constantly thinking about you and hope you are able to feel all the prayers that are being said for you and your family.

CJB said...

Sunshine, the slideshow is lovely. Thanks for posting that. Your Gunny Bunny was an angel. My heart just won't stop hurting for you. I am praying my guts out you will feel the love and comfort from all who adore you. You are amazing and beautiful and strong and able. I am here for you darlin!

gena said...

What a precious little boy. Thank you for sharing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Glad families are forever!

brinleyr said...

You have the most beautiful eternal family. I'm at peace knowing you guys have such a wonderful large extended family to help you through this tough time. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Kami Milliron said...

I don't know if you remember me or not, but we grew up in the same Stake. I used to be Kami Lulloff. I wanted to express my sadness for the loss of your sweet little Boy. I lost my Daughter on January 9, 2009 and laid her to rest on January 14, 2009 in the Mesa City Cemetery.

I am here if you ever need a Friend to talk to. I have about 5 other Girls I talk with a couple times a week. They have all lost Children. Some of their losses are new and some are from a few years ago. It is very helpful for me since the loss of my sweet Elizabeth is still new. So just know I am here. There are only a few of us who truly understand the pain, sadness and confusion you are feeling.

Take care and remember that there are so many people who are keeping you and your Family in their Prayers.

Kami
kamillemilliron@gmail.com

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

We're thinking of you guys to, love you!

dani said...

Sunni-
I am so sorry for your loss. I want you to know that you are in our prayers.

dani said...

Sunni-
I am so sorry for your loss. I want you to know that you are in our prayers.

Missy said...

Sunni,
Thanks so much for sharing the pics. He was absolutely beautiful. I have been thinking about you and praying for you constantly this week. So many people love you and are grieving with you and your family. I pray that the Lord will bless you with comfort, peace, and the strength to get through this.

The Tyler's said...

Sunni and Trav-
I can't even imagine what you are going through. You both are such a great example to so many around you. You must be two special people to have such a choice spirit come into your lives. Well I already knew that. Sunni I love you and am thinking and praying for your family constantly. All the pictures of Gunner are so cute. What a little stud! I'll see you tomorrow...hang in there.

Caryn said...

Sunni we love your family so much. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

larsen family said...

Sunni,
I am sooo sorry for the loss of your sweet little boy. He is so handsome. I want you to know there are many of us praying for you and your family.
I lost my little Kamber to an accident in July. I want you to know that I am here if you ever need to talk. Sometimes it helps to talk with people who know what the sadness of loosing a child feels like, it is beyond espression.
Just know my heart aches for you and your family and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Sending you hugs,
Jen (Briscoe) Larsen

Here is my email Kampers2@gmail.com

Unknown said...

We were so sad to hear this news. Our thoughts and hearts have been with you and Travis this week.

Tiffany said...

Sunni,
The memorial today was beautiful. The spirit was so strong and you could feel the love in which you guys had for your sweet little boy. We pray that you will find the strength to overcome this trial and find peace. These pictures are so precious of him and I love his cute smile! You can tell that he was loved by many. We are thinking about you and your family.

Pepper Lovin! said...

OH SUn! I love you so much. I am so sorry for you! You have been in my thoughts and prayers all week.

Rachel

Stephanie Abney said...

Sunni & Travis ~

We are so sorry for your loss. We remember Travis growing up in our ward and love all of the Goodman family even though we never got to know you, Sunni. From your blog I can see your sweet spirit and love for your family. You are all lucky to have each other. Many people have you in their prayers right now. May you feel wrapped in the warm comfort of the Savior's love. This is just plain tough stuff (it's been over 8 years since the Lord took our son home) so hold on tight to each other. What a beautiful boy. Our thoughts are with you.

Stephanie and Jim Abney

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

Thank you so much for posting the time and address of the memorial service! We were so happy to have been in the audience. The Spirit was so strong! We loved it! I think you two did better at keeping it together than us and most of those that were in attendance. The immense love that "Guns" felt in such a short time from your special family was obvious. Thank you again for bringing such a sweet little boy here on earth. We love you guys.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Hey Pretty!

I think those pictures are just beautiful! Just what I wanted to see today. What a little doll. I think my favorites are the ones where Travis is kissing him, and Gunner has his mouth open around his nose. I just can't imagine what life feels like for you today. You are such a strong woman, and are a fabulous teacher. I am so thankful that you had such a lovely experience with that little boy, and that you are able to continue your life with him someday! I can't wait to meet him! We are keeping you in our prayers. I hope you, Travis, and the girls, are able to feel peace and comfort right now.

Love,
Ray, Aimee and Noah.

megan allen said...

Sunni, I am so sad I could not attend the services. My thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family. I love you guys so much and I would love to help in any way possible. If you just need a little time to yourself please please please just bring your girls to my house to play. I'm so close to your mom. I LOVE YOU!

Maren said...

Sunni and Travis,
The services yesterday for sweet Gunner was just perfect. The spirit was so strong, there is no denying that. You both did a great job. You have an amazing Bishop and Stake Pres. that said some powerful things. I am so grateful for the Gospel and that you will be with Gunner again. Just like you said Sunni, you will be able to finish what you started. Hang in there and we will continue to pray for you guys. Love you guys!

p.s. Sunni, I loved when you busted up laughing at the balloon releasing. Try and laugh everyday!

Brittany said...

Sunni,
I heard about your baby from your mother in law. My mom and her are good friends.

Words can't express the thoughts and feelings of a mother losing her child. There aren't words. There is just ache and sorrow and sadness. But I don't have to tell you that.

I lost my little boy 8 months ago and so I know a little of what pain you are feeling now. I am here if you want to talk. I don't know if you have anyone to talk to who "knows" or who is in this nightmarish club we have joined, but I am here if you need to shoot me an email.

I am sorry you have to join this club. I cry for you. I pray for you. I cry with you some more.

Brittany Kunz (Walter)
dbkunz.blogspot.com
britts25@hotmail.com

the waites said...

Sunni,

I am so sorry for your loss. I saw it posted on Jills blog, and just wanted you to know I am thinking and praying for you.

I hope you are feeling everyones love and know that you will see your sweet little angel again.

I am reminded how blessed we are to have the Gospel that assures us that families are forever.

I admire your strength and wish you and your family peace and comfort at this time.



xoxo

CASSIE said...

So on Friday Jada came home from your house with a little windmill saying that Peyton gave it to her. I got the {real} story today from little Peyton that Jada was only supposed to borrow it for 2 days and then she wanted it back...too cute~!! (We left in on your bench at the front door).

Becky said...

Im so sorry to hear about your sweet baby boy. Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for sharing these precious pictures.

Becky (Lucas) Lavender

Jen Olson Brown said...

Sunni, I know nothing I say can lift your burden, but know that we love you and that someday all your tears will be replaced with joy. i am sooo soooo sooooo sorry for your loss. May you be carried by our Father in Heaven at this time.

The Smith Clan said...

Sunni,
You probably do not remember me. I was your little sister Katie's beehive Leader in the Crosspoint Ward,quite a while ago. You have a wonderful family. My sister Lynsey(Adams)Hardison told me of your loss. I am so sorry to have heard. He is a beautiful little boy! It is so wonderful that we know life does not end that you will beable to be with him again. I wanted to let you know that there are many people who are thinking and praying for you that you have no clue about. Let your family know I said hello and especially tell Katie that Sister Smith said Hello!

Angie Smith

Jana said...

Thanks for those beautiful pictures. The service Friday was so special & you & Travis did such an amazing job. The displays were beautiful. I'm honored to know you & your family.

Laura said...

I've been thinking about you guys all week. We will continue to pray for you & your sweet family. I am so glad we got to see you for just a moment. I love all the pictures of your precious little boy. I just love you all so much!!!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Hi Sunni,
It has been a week and a half since Gunner went back to our Father in Heaven. You guys will be forever blessed for having him in your lives here on Earth. I have no idea what you are going through. The funeral was so beautiful, humbling, and I won't lie...extremely heart renching. I just want you guys to know that we think about you every day and you are still in our prayers. We love you...thanks for your great example through all of this.

The McKnights said...

We just barely heard of your loss today. I am so sad to be just hearing, that we were not able to attend the funeral or else we would have been there. My heart aches for you and what you must be going through. I loved the slide show, thank you for sharing so many great pictures of the handsome guy! We are thinking of you and you are in our prayers.

Lisa said...

We Love and are still thinking of and praying for you and your beautiful family! I heard the services were perfect. You are truly stronger than I can even imagine. We love you guys.

Lindsey said...

Hi Sunni,
You don't know me but my husband grew up with Travis. We just wanted to express how heartbroken we are for your family and this trial you are having to endure. Gunner is absolutely adorable and We are so happy to know you will be with him again someday. You have a beautiful family.
Love,
The Eagar's

The Oborn Family said...

We were sa sad to hear the news and really all we can do is express that we are so sorry and you are in our prayers. You are and always have been an example of faith and strength I could only hope I have if ever called upon to do things as difficult as you have done.

Sonia said...

Sunni,
You don't know who I am, but I work at the dental office that your mom goes to. I cleaned her teeth, and we had amazing conversations. I told her that I had recognized her from your blog that I had found through Nina Olson. I am sorry, but I did blog stalk you. I just saw that your precious boy passed into our Heavenly Father's arms. I have had a couple friends who have had their babies who have come quickly to this world to receive their bodies, and pass into the next world. Words cannot express how much you hurt now, I am sure, but know that Heavenly Father is fully aware and will give you peace and strength. I cannot imagine what you are going through but know that you are in my prayers. You will also receive strength from Gunner and be able to smile. Your family must be strong to endure this trial. My thoughts and prayers are with you again. Love, Sonia

Ashley said...

I see we have some mutual friends, and I actually just started working with Melinda at Tantrum. My name is Ashley and I gave birth to my baby boy Miles on Dec. 1 and he passed away Dec. 3rd. I am so sorry for what you are going through, and what you will continue to go through for a long time. You baby is beautiful! Just know that even though we dont know each other, I am here if you need someone to talk to. I will definately be praying for you and your fam!

Karen Burr said...

Sunni,
I am so sorry for your loss. I always thought that I would never be able to handle losing a child until I lost my sweet Alice a year and a half ago. I know this isn't about me but I wanted you to know the peace and the love that we are so blessed with. Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and exactly what we can handle. What a blessing to have a perfect little angel waiting for you and Travis in Heaven. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Karen Martindale