We survived our first big holiday without our precious baby boy..Easter has always been my favorite holiday, this year it was bittersweet. Sad, having a celebration without our Gunn Gunns, but so happy to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior.. I know Gunns would still want us to find joy in the journey, in all the fun activites we did and in all the pictures we took, I found my thoughts always wandering to him. On Easter Sunday I was asked to give my testimony to all the primary kids about the resurrection.. What a special experience that was holding up the picture of my sweet baby boy and sharing how much I love and miss him, then holding up a picture of the Savior and expressing my gratitude for Him for making it possible for me to someday be with my son again. The spirit was so strong as I shared this and looked in the faces of all these sweet primary kids, I know Gunner was there with me.. what a special Easter it was!
My mom loves holidays and always made them extra fun for us when we were kids, well she carried the tradition on for her grand kids. Only my mom would be okay with 10 little kids dying Easter eggs at the same time at her house. They made these cute bags to hold all their loot from the big Easter egg hunt she had for them in their backyard consisting of a ridiculous amount of eggs.. she wanted to make sure each grand kid came out with a bag full.. and they did!
Lets talk about the Benjamins baby! :) One of the highlights of the year at the Goodman household is the annual adult Easter egg hunt! Yes, I said adult Easter egg hunt! We are all hunting for one of five hidden golden eggs and also collecting as many colored eggs along the way that we find as well.. Each golden egg has cash varying from $25 bucks to $100! And whoever collects the most colored eggs gets dinner out with Grammy and Pappa! Trav's parents are known for being pretty hard core and they will hide eggs in super thorny bushes (hence.. the gloves) they will half bury eggs in dirt, put them in popsicle boxes in the outside freezer..it gets crazy! So we all braved the rain and went at it!(with each couples' legs tied together I might add!) Oh what fun it was! I felt an urgency to get some family pictures taken, it's so hard to look at these photos and not help but think there is somebody missing!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Bittersweet!
Posted by
SunGood
at
10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





24 comments:
What a fun Easter you guys had! The adult egg hunt looks like so much fun! You didn't say who won! Your family looks so cute in their Easter clothes. And yes, the girls flowers are so cute! Now I can see what you were describing to me.
That is an awesome Easter tradition! Glad your easter was a good one. You sound like you are doing great! It is so hard to look at family pictures and know that someone is missing. Rusty and I planted a tree at the cemetary and we either take family picutres at the tree or her headstone. That makes me feel a little better, empasis on the little better. Hope you have a great day!
love ya
Donny and I keep telling ourselves that one of these years we're going to just come and watch the Goodman Easter egg hunt. I bet it's hilarious. :)
I thought about you a lot on Sunday. I love your new pictures but I know exactly what you mean.
Sunni you are so gorgeous! I love all the Easter pictures and think about you guys all the time. Love ya!
Thanks for sharing! Love the adult easter hunt! And might I add how gorgeous you are! Wow! What a lucky guy you have!
Sorry- the last comment was from me.
I am soo sad I wasn't in Primary this last Sunday...I heard it was wonderful! What a fun Easter tradition! The family pictures are amazing! Way cute! We missed you today at the park! Next week! :)
Gosh Sunni, you look amazing. How do you do it? Acutally the whole fam looks pretty dang good! I'm sure it was really hard to go through Easter not having your precious little man. But I know he is sure proud of you guys.
Um, can I please be invited to the next egg hunt at the Goodmans?!!
Beautiful pics! I'm so glad you posted since your sisters are useless at it! Ya, I hope you read this girls & get posting! I love the Easter fun. You are so inspirational & I think about you everyday.
What a fun tradition of the adults finding the eggs! So tell us- did you guys win the egg hunt and get to have dinner out??
Thanks for sharing your testimony in Primary, I know the kids enjoyed hearing from you and the spirit was so strong! You are awesome!!
Sounds like a fun Easter for you guys! I'm sure you bore a beautiful testimony, too. I think about you all the time and your great family!
Beautiful- just so beautiful. I wish I could have been one of those primary kids. I would have loved to hear your sweet testimony. Those kids will remember that feeling they had with you there, forever.
xoxo
Wow, I would have braved the rain for that kind of pay off as well. I hope you two raked it in! Your family looks beautiful in their Easter outfits and the girls are darling. I am sorry Sunni that one is missing. I understand completely how that feels and it is an empty hole that can not be replaced, but it will get easier to live with, that I can promise you. I know for sure that Gunner was so close to you on Easter and he will be for the rest of your life. I agree though that Easter has a whole new meaning for us as it is more important than ever before!
Love you, Keisa
What a fun Easter weekend!! I am so grateful for you Sunni and you're amazing testimony and spirit! I felt so uplifted after hanging out with you the other day...We need to do it again soon! Love ya!!
Cute pics! I love the 3-legged hunt. I was a pro at the 3-legged race every year with my best friend Denise. Although she always won the greased pig catch..I guess I wasn't Pima enough. You looked so dang cute Easter Sunday, although I know you spied on me to see what I was wearing before you got ready for church. Only cool people wear aqua and white.....hint hint Christi! BTW..I am starting to look like the lady you emailed me today...but whiter.
You guys look so stinkin cute in your family picture!!! What a fun Easter you guys had!
What fun easter traditions!! Happy late Easter, You guys looked beautiful in your family pictures!
Hi Sunni! You might not not remember me too well but I was Misti's friend in high school. I just wanted you to know that you are an amazing woman and mother. I have been checking in on your blogs and you are truly incredible. You have touched my life with your experiences and the way you keep on being such a strong person. My brother is in your ward and his wife Amber commented on her blog how you were able to stand in the primary and talk about the atonement and you sweet baby boy. Thank you for sharing these precious moments in your life with all of us who read it. You really are absolutely amazing.
I found my way to your blog via beth at one plus one makes three. My heart was full of sadness when I read of your son's passing. What a tragedy for you, for him and for your family. However knowing that he is in Heaven with our maker I do agree makes it in some way bearable. You seem so strong and that is a true compliment to God as he made you strong for a reason. In the end it is always His plan and we can either understand that he is in control or all we are left with is being out of control of a life time. I am thinking that you might have a lot to talk about with two other blogs that I read. Once of which is right in your neck of the woods and they two just lost their sweet boy. http://spencer-crystal5.blogspot.com/2009/03/funeral-information.html
I prayed for this family when I learned of from http://4littlemen.blogspot.com/2009/03/calling-all-prayer-warriors.html
I also would suggest Jennifer over at Surviving Life's Curveballs whom is just making past a year without her sweet Lilly.http://richandjenn.blogspot.com/2009/03/anniversary-and-milestone.html
Jennifer is also a very strong woman and her faith had grown so much. I really enjoy reading her blog, I think you will find something at each site. Stay faithful and bloggy blogs, ML
had a typo at the end and it posted before I could change it. It was to say bloggy hugs and not bloggy blogs.
I just love you Sunni! You have a beautiful family......I miss you guys.
You are so good to always take pictures on Easter. I need to be better at that. They are cute... reminds me of your wedding:) Hope you guys are doing good. I told Steph we need to take our kids to a fun splash pad park in Chandler. Maybe next week sometime!
You have an adorable family. I gave the same little 'talk' on Easter. It about killed me, but I was glad to share.
Hey summer. I made something for ya in regards to your little guy. Send me your email address so I can send it to you.
Thanks,
Post a Comment