Sunday, September 27, 2009

Spencer ROUNDUP 2009

This past month our little family was able to spend some quality time kickin' back in the
WILD WEST!

This may come as a surprise to some of you, but deep down, (way down) I really am a HICK at heart! I would dress WESTERN everyday if I could, I love COUNTRY music, I love old WESTERN MOVIES, I love to go HORSEBACK RIDING, and I LOVE to SQUARE DANCE! I don't think there is anything cuter than a true COWBOY!


Especially THIS cowboy! :)



One of our WILD WEST adventures was making the short trek to SNOWFLAKE to watch Trav play in a softball tourney... As much as we love watching Trav play ball, and as excited as we were about their team getting 2nd place, the highlight of the trip was going to the RODEO and watching Trav's uncle and grandpa compete in a ROPING competition!


Tatum & Peyton were in heaven being surrounded by all the HORSES! They got to take a little RIDE on "Willy" and got to help give Pappa G a little ROPING practice!





Here are some TRUE COWBOYS! Look a Great Grandpa Goodman getting it done!






Trav was trying to give us some ROPING lessons... Tate got the hang of it pretty quick! I had a hard time even untangling the ROPE! We sure had fun trying though!








Our latest adventure was heading up to HAIGLER CREEK for our annual Spencer family reunion! It was my parents turn to be in charge this year so I convinced them to go with a WILD WEST theme! They ROCKED that idea and went all out!





They got everyone to get all COWBOY'D UP! We ROPED, SHOT BB GUNS, played HORSESHOES! They even gave us each an original WESTERN name.. Mine was Sunni GOLD DIGGER Goodman, my dad's was appropriately Brent STINK 'EM UP Spencer! We loved looking at each other's name tags and laughing about our names!





We drank some good ole' fashion warm ROOT BEER and had a burping contest! My family truly knew how to represent... my sister Polly won for the girls, my bro-in-law Scott won for the guys, and my dad won for the OLD TIMERS! If you want some GOOD laughs and have some HILARIOUS pics, a burping contest is where it's at! We also had a bubble gum blowing contest for the kiddos, we gave them each two gumballs but quickly found out that it was more gum than their little mouths could handle! We also had a BUCKAROO blastoff, the kids each made rockets then took turns letting them launch! They had more fun, running and trying to catch their rockets as they came back down.. sadly, most of the rockets met their fate in the PINE TREES!





The highlight of our reunion was our HOMETOWN SHOWDOWN! We sang karaoke to classic COUNTRY tunes, we SQUARE DANCED and even slowed it down a bit for the LOVERS in the house!







Amongst all the fun we still found time to RELAX, take in the BEAUTIFUL surroundings and roam the PRAIRE! We had an awesome testimony meeting before we all headed out on Sunday, being there together as a family in the beautiful WOODS, and listening to each other bear true testimony was truly AMAZING! Our Spencer family is no stranger to trials and tragedy, it is through all their continued examples of faith and strength that helps give me the desire to keep a smile on my face and keep going! I know Gunns was there with us, along with all our other beloved Spencer family members that we have lost!






I told you COWBOYS were CUTE! ;)





14 comments:

Lauren Nelson said...

Ok your cowboy reunion looks like it was so so much fun! Seriously, a burping contest was probably so funny! Your dad looks so cute in his pic:) We need to do fun things like this with our cousins! I feel like I never see anyone anymore. I am so happy you guys have been having such a fun time doing so many things! Love ya!

Tara Fischbeck said...

Adorable! Looks like some great WESTERN times!!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Why are you so freaking hilarious, festive, and cute!? I can always count on coordinating outfits that fit the occasion in everything you do!! It's so entertaining and fun to see! Looks like a fun weekend...I'm glad we'll be getting some cooler weather here pretty soon too :)

Cassie and Joe said...

Okay, you guys are sooo stinkin cute in your cowboy attire! Love it! Is that why Travis grew out the beard, for the reunion? I'm so glad you finally updated! You guys are always doing fun things.

Breanna and Martin said...

thiss..is...awesome! Oh my goodness I am so jealous! I think if you asked any of us Goodman girls we would say the same thing about being cowgirls at heart! You got yourself one handsome cowboy but girrrl you are one SMOKIN cowgal! I miss you guys!!!!!!!

Claire said...

I heard that the reunion was great! We are so bummed that we could not make it. I would love to see what the craft looked like. Thought maybe it would be a good idea for primary. Well done Sunni!

Jana said...

I want to be a Spencer!!! Great pics! You guys are awesome!

The Gunnell's said...

How fun is that! You and your family looks so cute as always! We need to get together soon!

The Porter Post said...

You are one HOT little cowgirl Sunni!!! Looks like you all had a GREAT time! What a fun theme for a reunion!!

Megan said...

Sunni Im so glad I found your blog. I remembered you saying something about your blog last year when we ran into you at the tempe beach park, anyways I loved looking at all of your fun pictures. You guys are so fun! Email me and I will invite you to see our blog meganmschmitt@gmail.com. Will you tell Wendi that I said hi!

marcie said...

SO FUN! I wish I was a cowgirl also. Nothin better than that :) You're familys always having lots of good times together hope you're all doing good its been a while since I've seen you.

Shelley Goodman said...

FUN! I love family dances too. There is nothing better than having a good ole time with the people you love most. Have so much fun at D-Land! Bad timing to be pregnant but we can't wait to meet up with everyone on Wed.

Laura said...

such cute pics! looks like such a fun family time:)

mom of 4 said...

YOu got some pretty adorable pictures! My favorite is of you and travis!! love you guys!