Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm BACK!



Today I got to spend some quality time with my sister Katie..It's been almost 2 seasons since I've been able to go snowboarding and today I got to fulfill the dream again! I used to be an avid snowboarder and go ALL the time... I was a little nervous, but once I started out, it was like I had never stopped! I was CRUISING and LOVING life.. until I was going max speed, caught an edge and fell so hard so fast I didn't know what hit me! Needless to say, it was a humbling experience so I slowed down! :) I also managed to drop my cell phone while I was on the lift.. after an hour long search down a black diamond run with moguls, sadly we didn't prevail. May she rest in her cold, snowy grave:( We managed to find a lot of humor in our situation though, and still enjoyed the wonderful weather and excellent powder! I have to say, it's been the most bittersweet day!

25 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

Oh, I am so jealous! My board has been collecting dust for 3 yrs now. Casey keeps telling me to go so hopefully I will get to go at least once this season! I have even tried on my snow clothes to see if they still fit (I am lame)

Rees Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry about the cellphone incident. That stinks! I would like to "accidently" lose mine so I can get a new one. Maybe I need to go snowboarding. I just want you to know that I am typing this while you guys are at church. I'm off to take a nap. Check my blog and you'll see I'm in desperate need.

Maren said...

dang girl, you are like all american! you can do anything. i havent ever been snowboarding, looks like a lot of fun. i want to take brynlee up to the snow before it is all gone. lets so the zoo on a friday because i babysit for my sister every thursday. i just got my membership card in the mail yesterday so we can go whenever! im rarely busy so let me know what works best for you.

Breanna and Martin said...

hahah oh Sunni you are funny! I think you, Shelley and the twins need to go for sure. I will babysit Lane and the girls! Seriously take me up on it! Yes I totally saw your mom and I will for sure be filling you in on that date :-) Cuz it was a good one! Ha I'm glad she figured out who I was because I yelled her name from far away and I would have felt stupid if she was like ummmmm who are you?

Margo said...

I actually do feel bad. I won't ever text you again! Why were you not at church? I hope you are feeling ok. Talk to ya later.

The Tyler's said...

I hate snowboarding!! But I'm glad you love it and got to go. I don't think I have recovered from our crazy trip in highschool. That was such a fun trip...even though we didn't get to see my love at the MTC!!
That was the nicest thing ever about your fav friend from HS. You are the best! Just for that I might do one of those tag things...just for you!! So watch out!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

BUMMER!! Looking in the snow for anything truely SUCKS!! I am gald you got to go out and be free of kids for a few hours. It is invigorating!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

What a fun getaway for ya!! LOOKS LIKE A BLAST! I want to see your flips and jumps!! Honestly Sunni- I havn't been snowboarding in 7 years!! I don't know what happened- Brett used to go all of the time but then felt he had to give it a rest for a while once he started having kids b/c he was too crazy and then concerned that he'd injure himself and not be there for his kids. is that so funny or what- we're trying to plan a trip though!! GLAD YOU HAD FUN!!

Pepper Lovin! said...

I think we might need to take a trip up. Maybe just us and hubbies not kids? sounds like a god ole time to me

McMemories said...

How fun! Sister time is the best!! That stinks about your phone, and why is it that everything is funny when your with your sister. They are the bestest!!

Lynsey said...

Im glad you found me, we need to keep in touch.
I can't get over the picture of your girls on the side bar, love the hair!!!
Yes I work just part-time at Salon Sublime. Are you playing in softball anymore. I was thinking it would be kind of fun to sign up on a league again..who knows!! You look so happy and ofcourse so beautiful you and travis make such a cute couple!!

Steph (and Bryant) said...

Where did you end up going boarding? So when are you getting a new phone? I know not to call you now!!! Looks like you had fun anyway.

Annie said...

Your family is so dang cute and you look amazing. You give me hope that I will survive 2 girls 17 months apart. I'm getting nervous now that the time is getting close. One of these days we need to meet at the dunes now that we live in San diego. My husband would go every weekend if I would let him. He sold my quad because I have been prego for like 3 straight years, but he's ready to get the baby a little Kawi 90. YOur life looks wonderful and I am so happy for you. Take care- Annie (Porter)

Ami Bethea said...

Sunni that looks like a blast! I remember one time when I was over getting my hair done & you were barely prego with Peyton planning a snowboarding trip. I was like "You're going snowboarding when you're pregnant?" and you said "Yep, I gotta go before I get too big!" You are so funny

The Gunnell's said...

I am so jealous! I've been dying to go snowboarding for the longest time! I was so bummed when i couldn't go last year because i was 7 months pregers.

The Porter Post said...

Check you out you HOT little snowbunny!! Yea! I know how much you love to snowboard...I'm so glad you got to go!! I've always wanted to , next year baby, you and I are going!! That's too bad about your phone! Love ya!

Margo said...

I havent posted something new because A) I am boring and 12) I haven't taken any recent pictures because of this gap tooth grin. . I am funny...I know. ;) Anyway, go get a new phone already. I thought it was hilarious that you guys just showed up Friday. I am just surprised Brock didn't fall asleep either. Hope you had a fun "Civil Rights" day.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

DARLING NEW PAGE!

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

Love the background, where did you find it?

Janie said...

Ha! Sunny for crying out loud it has been forever. You are one of those bloggers who decorates their blog like a scrapbook - you'll have to teach me how...but first you must come visit. Your girls are so cute and look very much like Spencers.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

cute new blog!! HOW FESTIVE!!!

Margo said...

Call me

Mary Anne said...

what a cute new background you have...how in the world did you make that header?!? too too cute...just everything about you guys is too cute.

Caralee said...

I love your the new look of your blog. One of these days I might get creative and do something like that. It looks like you had a good time on the slopes (for the most part). I'm bummed that we live in Flag and yet being "large with child" will be unable to go this season.

Jennifer said...

how fun. I love hanging out my sister. I wish we could do that kind of stuff.....Your page is so cute. What is that program again that you have to do all that?