Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A day at the slopes!




I got to take Trav snowboarding yesterday for his very first time! My lil sister Katie tagged along cause she has a serious snowboarding addiction, rightly so though cause she's awesome at it! I stuck by Trav's side all day and just coached him every step of the way! A lot of perserverance paid off because he really picked it up and even started to carve a little by the end of the day! I was so proud of him and loved being able to spend the day together!

12 comments:

Jenn Fort Haderlie said...

Ive always wanted to snowbaord, Id probably break something knowing my luck!! looks like fun!!

Breanna and Martin said...

NICE! So much fun! Shelley and I went to the zoo and missed you! She told me you guys were boarding.
Trav's success was a combination of your teaching skills and the fact that the twins are naturally good at everything they do and it makes me sick!
I haven't seen you in 10 billion years! That needs to change sista

The Tyler's said...

So fun! I wish Noah and I would go snowbaording together. I think I would maybe like it if I went with him. We should totally plan a trip next year...when I'm not pregnant!

Shelley Goodman said...

Looked like a fun day! I have never been to snowbowl, good thing you went there though. We do need to plan another trip and hopefully now one will get sick :)

Pepper Lovin! said...

yay! whens our turn? Glad you had fun

The Porter Post said...

Way to go Trav!! Looks like you guys had a great time! So nice you got to spend a whole day together...WOW!Those kinda days are pretty slim around our house...ha, ha!! :D

Ami Bethea said...

Fun!! It was nice to talk to you tonight, thanks Sunni.

maren said...

sheesh, if you arent at the dunes, you are snowboarding! looks like a fun time.

Brandis said...

Looks like fun! :) You'd think that having grown up in Idaho, I would have been skiing and/or snowboarding at least once in my life, but no. I haven't.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

yeah...isn't that so funny. i still laugh about it. (mitt romney)
looks like a fun day at the slopes! We're supposed to be up there right now- but i came down with the flu AGAIN yesterday, and now my boys just woke up with high fevers. sucky, huh?? anyhow- it'd be fun to do a couples overnighter sometime and go stay at our cabin and then go up to the slopes on saturday all day. i told shelley we should do that. i wonder when the snow will all be gone?!

Margo said...

No can do my friend. I WISH we were going to the V-Day party but I still have strep, and now an insane sinus infection because he didn't give me the right antibiotics, and I have four kids till tomorrow night. I will be lucky if I even get ready today!

The Candlands said...

So fun! When we first moved to Vail, CO my husband went for the first time and is now addicted!