Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cowgirl UP!

Look at these 2 cute little cowgirls! Our girls have been earning "happy check marks" at home for a few months now, working towards a promised horseback ride! They finally did it! Our girls LOVE horses, they have a million toy horses at home which they know by name, they have a cowgirl bedroom and they have the movie SPIRIT memorized! So, the fact they finally got to go horseback riding was a HUGE deal! We loaded them up and drove over to Casa Grande to Trav's Uncle Benny and Aunt Shirley's house! Uncle Benny had the horses all saddled up and ready to go when we got there! He was so sweet with the girls and taught them how to "drive" a horse and let them pet and meet all his horses! They have a brand new baby girl colt that is only 10 days old which was the highlight of the girls' trip! Thank you so much Uncle Benny for the best day ever, a day I'm sure the girls will remember forever!

15 comments:

megan allen said...

How fun is that!! They make such cute cowgirls!

Rees Family said...

Where have you been? MIA? I'm still waiting for a comment on my blog. Are you coming to my jewelry party? I'm NEEDING a good turnout.

Margo said...

FUN!!! I miss horses! So I am needing plants and stuff for my house. I am gonna go to The Home Decor store this week, you in? What are you guys doing for Memorial Day?

Kirsten said...

How fun for them! They are the cutest cowgirls around! Ashlee loves horses too...pretty much any animal actually. Right now my girls are working towards getting a bunny...maybe I should suggest this instead so I'm not stuck with taking care of it!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Okay seriously too fun Sunni. And even matching cowgirl shirts?? Seriously I'm laughing so hard that they play with pretend horses. I've never heard of that!!! (wll girls being so obsessed with them). My grandpa keeps a couple horses at Kolter Eagers dad's house (by mvt)so we're able to take the kids about once a year on them (we should more!!). Honestly, we're calling you guys when we get there- if they didn't already take them up north for the summer already dangit. we shall see. Also- we did horse camps up north all growing up. Your girls will be all over that!!! COME ON- GET ON IT MOM!! The pictures are too cute.

Claire said...

So fun! Maybe I should try some good rewards points with my boys. They are so crazy. Congratulations on the bun that is great. We are so excited for you. See you soon.

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley Goodman said...

What a fun reward, and just in time before it gets really hot. T and P are so cute and are growing up so fast. Happy anniversary today!

hohoho said...

you need to come over and teach me how to use this software...w

Ami Bethea said...

Yee haw! That is so cute that your girls love horses, and their outfits were perfect. You are the coolest Mom!

Brandis said...

How fun! Our kids love riding the horses too, what kid wouldn't? :) We haven't been down there since the baby was born but hopefully we'll go again soon. You're so good to have them earn it as a reward and I'm sure Benny was happy to do it. Smart mom!

gena said...

How fun! My kids all loved playing with horses when they were/are little. It seems as though we couldn't have a birthday or christmas without horses. Mine seem to lose interest in the riding part as they get older. I'm sure my dad loved having your family over. He loves that kind of stuff!

The Porter Post said...

How fun is that?! Brynna is going to be so jealous! She is always asking me when and how old she has to be to ride a horse! What a GREAT idea to bribe them with that!! That would definitely get my girls motivated!!

Kristen said...

How fun! I bet they were in heaven!

quadmom said...

How fun for your girls to go horseback riding! What great pictures! I hope that you're feeling well.