Now that summer is officially more than half over I thought it would be a good time to catch up on what we've been up to thus far....
Some good friends of ours were nice enough to invite us to a day at good 'ole Saguaro Lake! I grew up with a boat so it was fun freshening up on my wake boarding skills...(Which made me feel really old). The little gals had a blast on the tube, so did the big boys. They each took a turn trying to throw each other off of the tube! It was HILARIOUS!Still got it..well, sort of! :)
Even Taters got out there and attempted to wakeboard!
Here's the boys hanging on for dear life! :)
My first big adventure was attending girls camp with my ward! Our theme was "Believe in Me" where the girls learned to believe in themselves, believe in the Savior and believe in all that they can be! As always I had a blast with the girls but missed my sweet fam at home terribly! There was no better sight than having our bus pull into our church parking lot coming home and seeing my sweet hubby in his big truck waiting to pick me up!
I came home and unpacked from girls camp and had to hurry and pack my whole family's bags for a surprise trip to California! We spent 5 fun filled days going to Disneyland, California Adventures, eating out, swimming, going to the movies, and bowling.. We totally surprised the girls, they had no idea where we were going until we pulled into Disneyland's parking lot! It was priceless being able to have my family all to myself! Nothing brings me more joy than spending time together as a family! With what we have all experienced these last four months a little time at the "happiest place on earth" was just what we needed! We made so many fun new memories, I was brought to the realization that Gunner would be so happy seeing his family being able to still go have fun and find joy in the things we once did! Peyton was quite the crazy driver!
I asked Trav to wake the girls up while I got in the shower... This is what I found when I got out! So much for waking them up! :)
We did a character breakfast at Disneyland. While you sit and eat a bunch of different characters come up and visit with you at your table! So much fun, this was one of the girls' favorite parts of our trip!
I'm such a nerd and LOVE Disney movies.. UP is probably one of my all-time favorites!
DENIED!
Good thing we brought the stroller! We had to put these HUGE bears Trav won for the girls somewhere! :)
On June 16th Laynie Larue Willis made her grand appearance! She is Misti and Jared's 5th baby!! She is such a doll!
Thanks to Pappa G and some good old fashion dental floss, Tatum officially lost her first tooth! I asked Tate what the tooth fairy was going to bring her, and she said 5 dollars! I gasped and said 5 dollars huh? And she said ya, your first tooth is 5 dollars! (Smart girl!) Sure enough Mr. Toothfairy was nice enough to leave a 5 dollar bill under her pillow!
Our latest adventure was having the privilege to attend the world famous "Ringling brothers & Barnum and Bailey circus" (Thank you mom and dad!) It truly was the best show on earth! Travis and I were totally entertained and got a kick out of it more than the kids I think! 
Hopefully the last half of summer will bring us more fun and excitement and we will be able to survive the heat! :)
Friday, June 26, 2009
SUMMER: Part I
Posted by
SunGood
at
6:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





20 comments:
That circus was amazing! I feel bad I never got to say hi. Your first part of the summer looked busy and so fun. Definitely more adventurous than ours! Laynie is so cute and think she has a pretty cool name too:) Yay for summer!!!
Where is my N picture? Srsly.
Looks like a fun summer, and I am so glad you got to rub it in just a little more! :) I can't wait to go back to Disneyland again. We are gonna stay in Sonny's beachhouse at the end of the year and go, so that is something to look forward to right?!
Love the lost tooth pic! $5!? That tooth fairy rocks. I got $20 once and I remember my dad telling my mom..."It was dark in the room last night and I think the toothfairy grabbed the wrong bill out of "her" wallet". Sucker.
I love those pics from Disneyland! I can not wait to take my girls later this year. Your pics have made me want to go that much more!! Thank goodness it is only a few months away :)
Sounds like your summer has been off to a great start. I hope it continues to be as great as the beginning.
Holy smokes, you ARE a busy woman, aren't you! Glad you guys are having so much fun!
Jealous! I miss Disneyland! We went to the circus too! It was such a blast! We do need to get together sometime soon! When you guys have a free day in your busy schedules let us know and we'll go out to dinner or something.
Yay! Um, ya, your summer has totally rocked so far. I can't imagine how it can get any better. Oh wait, you have ANOTHER trip next week. So fun!
Thanks for coming with me to get pedicures yesterday. It was way fun chatting and getting our feet rubbed.
Love all the pics and you make Disneyland look so fun. I am so not a fan of Disneyland. I think I was just way too spoiled growing up so close to it. we went WAY TOO MUCH!!!!! My poor kids may never get to go. I'll throw them in the car with you guys for your next trip out there.
Hi Sunni,
Looks like you guys are having a fun summer. I'm glad you survived girls camp and then had a blast at Disneyland. I too love disneyland. Loosing the first tooth is so much fun. It is such a milestone. My mother in law told my kids that the tooth fairy brought $5 for the first tooth, so our kids also got $5 on the first tooth and then $2 for every tooth after.
Ohhh my Sunni...I hardly ever get on blogs anymore and I"m so glad to have come to yours because the pictures make me so happy!! What a PERFECT getaway for you and your family. And I would have to agree...there isn't anything that makes me more happy than just being with my own little family. Brett is never home anymore but starting Friday we get him all to ourselves for a whole week and seriously i can hardly wait.
Beautiful pictures and yes...I think heaven will be something like Disneyland! ;)
I promise to call you when I get home from Cali...we will play.
Hey, Sunni! I am fianally catching up on my blog reading. It's been a long time! It looks like you are having an awesome summer (so jealous!) I have truly enjoyed reading. You are truly amazing. I just wanted you to know that!
OH my goodness... you guys are totally busy! I won't tell my kids about ANY of it :) they will realize how their adventures to a pool and staying home don't add up haha. I love summer and not having a schedule. I can't believe our summer will be over before the end of the month.
FUN FUN FUN! I didn't know you all went to the lake. That's so fun! Looks like a great summer so far!
I love UP! I thought it was darling. I think I laughed and cried so much more than any other Disney movie. I am so happy you are doing well! You look beautiful!
Wow! Looks like so much fun! You are just the cutest family ever! Tell Jeremy hi for me:) Love you guys!
K my favorite cuz! I leave in 2 weeks!! Please please come hang out with me!! If you don't you will be obligated to come visit in Yuma so we can make bow holders!
I have no idea why my name is cj, but this is christi if you didn't know. Gotta fix that!
man that was so fun to read! so many great pictures...it looks like it was a GOOD time for everyone. i love that picture of trav and the girls sleeping while they should have been getting ready! so classic. love you guys!
Hey Sunni!
Looks like a ton of fun! Just wanted you to know I think about you all the time, I've asked your aunt for your number but I haven't gotten it yet:) can you email it to me?
brianandlyndsie@gmail.com
xoxoxo
Lyndsie
Better friend my eye! You have shown some serious "compassionate" service toward me. I don't know if it's cause we're friends or if it's your calling...dang. So Brock and I started watching a movie on TV the other day that had Ethan Hawke in it...OMG he looks a LOT like Travis (minus the weird teeth). Just a little FYI for ya! ;)
Sunni!!!!! I miss you guys! These pics are so fun! Oh my goodness I just could comment on all of them!
Make sure and tell the girlies hi for us! We got their cute pics they drew for us and we have a pic to send them :-)
Love you so much!!!!!!
i love all of the pics...makes me want to go to Disneyland for sure! I don't think Kate would do very well at the character bfast though with her fear of chucky cheese! I totally missed out on the lake adventure...bummer! can't believe summer is over! watcha gonna do all day long?? :) :)
Post a Comment